pinkfroot

Photo community for Plane Finder and Ship Finder

Thought it would be interested to see what cameras / lenses we all use for our aircraft and ship photography. 

I use Nikon bodies, a D90 and D700. Nikon VR 70-300 lens, 28-105 and 18-105

Views: 2191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Morning David. No, it was a bit further along the road, near the Esso garage. You are right about the captain's eye; my first thought was along the lines of snapping the captain picking his nose as he sails by!

As for L lenses, when photographing the Queen Elizabeth at Southsea, a bloke strolled past me with a rather large L series lens. After making a crack along the lines of "Isn't that cheating?", I asked what it was. The answer was a 600mm prime. So I looked it up; it can be had for anywhere between £8,000 and £10,000!

I can not think of any photo that would be worth north of £10,000!

That's just silly money. I have the older cheaper (though not cheap) versions of the 70-200, 300 and 400. I must admit I shudder when I think how much my camera bag is worth sometimes but I could have spent the money on something much less rewarding!

Way back in December 2013, on this thread, I said I was using the Pentax K-5 but was interested in the K-3. Well, I've been using the K-3 since 2014 and also the K-3 II since 2016. Both absolutely superb cameras and I generally pair the K-3 with the Pentax 16-85mm (DC motor) for widebodies or close shots and the K-3 II with the Sigma 105mm (screw drive) for single-aisle aircraft. These combinations work very well at Myrtle Avenue and Manchester (south side). For longer reach I use the latest generation Pentax 55-300mm with the linear motor for amazingly fast focusing. The quality from these pairings is about as good as it gets and I don't see me changing any time soon - at least until the K-3 III comes out, says he hopefully!

I use to use a Pentax 4x6 but now use a Canon EOS 5D SR. Favorite Lens are 50 mm 1.2L and 40x70 2.8 L. 

www.WilliamSchererPhotography.com

Canon SX50

Good evening,

I have a Canon EOS70D in use, my lenses are Tamron 18-270mm and Canon 100-400mm L. Usually because of its flexibilty the Tamron is my first choice for photos taken around the apron, spotter tours and the spotting locations around Frankfurt (feel free to take a look at my Flicker account).

I use a Panasonic DMC-FZ300 with a Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 25-600 mm

In the last 5-10 years I started carrying a small Canon camera with me wherever I go.

Great depth of field, plus you can't take a photo if you don't have a camera with you.

RSS

© 2018   Created by pinkfroot   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service